Home

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Welcome to XIV: Reese Highwind version!

It's been almost a week after the relaunch of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Yes! that is right this a relaunch. The game was launched around Sept 2010 and it had garnered a lot of negative reviews. Due to poor reception Square-Enix had decided to take down the game around November 2012. But they already had an intention to relaunch the game. After the alpha and a series of beta test phases, the game was relaunched August 27, 2013. However it seemed that SE had not anticipated the number of people that would be playing the game due to it's previous experience with the first game. Some had encountered a numerous errors, some were unable to login and play the game, while others were able to login and play without problems. They had announced a 10 hr maintenance which happened yesterday but after the maintenance. There were still instances that people weren't able to login or still encountered errors. Also due to the maintenance there were news about the current concurrent numbers that was achieved by the game (hopefully not because of the massive number of AFKers on the game). There also had been news where the AFK timer will be implemented in which I hope to be implemented soon so that SE would have a data if these AFKers are hogging the server space instead of other players being able to login. There were also news about RMTs, which I also encountered. there were shouts offering an amount of gil for $2 - $8. Just to sum it up there were a lot that happened over the the week and this post is starting to be lengthy if I would update you all what happened.

The game is not the one broken but the way to get into the game is. The content and the story is actually very amazing once you are able to login and play the game. You can actually say that this is really a final fantasy game. Though I am just around level 43 Bard, I can say the main story quest is fascinating! 

This is actually the first time I played a MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) that I really liked.

I had decided to create this blog after the revised Material Usage came out. This my first post which would just be a summary and a welcome to my blog. I plan to post videos and guides and Articles about the game. Also I am planning to post my progress with the game. Also I am planning to change the layout of this blog.

Hope to play with you in Eorzea!

No comments:

Post a Comment